Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Thread: Newbie

subiedaddy

Default Newbie

Hey guys,

I just recently inherited a 2002 Subaru WRX. I was a honda guy, but when my daughter was born, I traded my 02 Civic SI in for an Xterra and took my wife's WRX for my own. I am new to the Subie world so I am in need of a little advice. My wife didn't take the best care of the car. I have already had to put a new clutch in (which I put in a stage 2 exedy) and a new transmission. I replace the stock intake with a short ram Injen and the stock exhaust was replaced with a 3 inch turbo back BBP Enterprise exhaust. It has 125 thousand miles on it. Not really sure how much longer it will last. If any one has some advice let me know. Either on here or email me. Thanks!!

Hey there, that is low milage for a subaru, they will last forever. The bigest thing with the turbo subies is change your oil every three months or 3000 miles. You have to change the oil regularly or it will not last. If the oil has not been changed regularly up till now than I would check the turbo oil supply screen. Some of the turbo cars have it and some don't and the only way too tell is to take the bango bolt with the screen off and look at it. If it does have a screen and it gets clogged than your turbo will be starved of oil and it will destroy your turbo. Make sure your timing belt was changed at 105k miles also. You don't want that to break, bad things will happen if it does on that car. Other than that like I said just change your oil often and it will last you another 100k easy. Good luck and let me know if you need anything else. Have a great day and welcome to the forum.