Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

ok i have a good volks question!-for u folks!?

Thread: ok i have a good volks question!-for u folks!?

godelectedme

Default ok i have a good volks question!-for u folks!?

i am thinkin about getting an old 60 or 70 volkswagen bug and i was wondering if a old 70's subaru engine would work/fit in it!?? i really need to know! i want to give my bug some pep on the road!i meen i do want some pep!-but i also want it to be good on gas!

Christian

As for fitting, that shouldn't be a problem. As for working, well thats another story. The bell housing bolt pattern and the direction of engine rotation will be your first problems. If you want some pep, go get a later model vw or porsche engine. There are so many performance parts for both engines you will be able to make some serious horsepower.

ExcusememaamIbelieveyourhe

I've owned, and drag raced 5 VW Beetles. Those Engines can be built up very easily. I had a 72' Super beetle with a 2180cc engine and dual carbs that used to pull the front wheels off the ground when I popped the clutch in 1st gear. I had that car up to 124 mph as well! Look on line @ http://www.vwtrendsweb.comIt's a magazine just for old VW's They also have many sources for engine hop-up's and parts dealers. Good Luck! I had a ton of fun with those cars!

PMack

Whether the subie engine would fit or not I'm not sure, but you'd have an issue with cooling. Those old bugs were air cooled (no radiator), Subaru's are water cooled. So, you'd have to come up with some place to put a radiator, with fans, hoses, air intake, etc. Better to build up the engine on the VW, or I've heard of people putting Porsche engines in them, but that would probably be really pricey.