Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Decisions Decisions

Thread: Decisions Decisions

Noobinator

Question Decisions Decisions

I've never owned a subaru before and have been looking at a few. So far narrowed it down to...

2006 WRX
    - 63k miles
    - STI wheels, STI 6 cd changer, STI speakers
    - vf39turbo, cobb downpipe, high flow cat, Borla
    Hush cat back, Turbo XS intercooler, HKS BOV, AEM intake, Eibach springs
    - No warranty

$14,000

2005 2.5RS
    - 62k miles
    - Warranty
    - Certified pre-owned

$10,900

Parents are leaning towards the 2.5RS heavily, and of course I'm leaning towards the WRX. I'm 18 soon to be 19 so insurance might be of concern. Not sure what to do.

Noobinator

Thank you for your input, it has helped me and i think I am going to get the RS. The dealership said for an extra $500 they will include a cold air intake that won't void the warranty because all other ones would void the warranty.

Noobinator

UPDATE:

now its between the RS and a stock WRX with 95k miles and no warranty, it looks really clean inside and out. My parents said no because the miles are higher then what the RS has and that it was probably beaten on.

Noobinator

yeah i would definitley go with the rs. itll save you or whoever more because the insurance on a wrx and sti are really expensive and even with about a 4000 price difference from the sti id just throw a turbo kit in it youll save more $$$

Noobinator

Thanks for the help

Noobinator

yup no prob

Noobinator

i bought the 2.5rs and im glad i did even though it has minor flaws but i can deal with it for now

lookin into gettin a muffler next for it

ltdisher

You should look into not only getting a nice exhaust, but also a header. Unequal length will give you that great boxer sound and help bring out a nice deep rumble. Good to see another owner happy with his choice of Subaru though.

Noobinator

i second what he ^ says lol

brilatsi

I accept with information:2006 WRX
    - 63k miles
    - STI wheels, STI 6 cd changer, STI speakers
    - vf39turbo, cobb downpipe, high flow cat, Borla
    Hush cat back, Turbo XS intercooler, HKS BOV, AEM intake, Eibach springs
    - No warranty
    $14,000
    2005 2.5RS
    - 62k miles