Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2001 Prodrive

Thread: 2001 Prodrive

valdoyle

Default 2001 Prodrive

Hey,
    I have a 2001 prodrive sti and the front shocks are making a squeeky clanking sound when going over any kind of dip or incline in the road. They're top mounted shocks as far as I know. The motor is is in great nick I bought it 2 months ago and it's pretty much straight out of the box from Japan. I'm wondering has anybody had the same problem with a prodrive? I'd just like to know if it's a case of replacing the whole suspension system or can I get parts to sort this out?
    Sure it's ware and tear but if there's a way of getting parts for my shocks I'd rather that than naievely go and spend a bomb on a whole new set.
    Any info is invaluable even if it's the obvious!?
    Cheers,

Al

You can email me on fleeboing@gmail.com if sit suits

valdoyle

Lightbulb

cheers 4 the info its fairly relieving to know i mightnt have 2 fork out the big bucks.. though talkin 2 my bruv yesterday he was saying that it might not apply to top mounted coil overs(which is what they are) have you heard of replacing parts 4 thes or is it the whole shebang??
    Again any info would be appreciated !!

valdoyle

I'm back! I thought I'd got away with it!

After having loosened the shocks I just found out that it's only relaxed them "so to speak" It only temporarily helped the "bump and roll" factor. I think that's what I heard. One thing I'm sure about is, that I have solid top mounted HKS Prodrive coilovers. Wooopeeee eh yeah if you're keeping your skoob for track day and that's all you want it for. No, mines everyday use..I wouldn't have it otherwise!
    So I was wondering if anyone knows how to get parts for these shocks? To be more specific, if anyone knows how to order rose joints for these shocks?? i was told that's what's gone on them. Thank god I got to the bottom of it!! For the moment anyway.
    If anyone knows how to determine the strength of prodrive shocks. I think mine are 1000 lb as they are blue but if anyone knows anything please let me know.
    I know my terminology is ammateur. But you gottsta learn somehow
    Your advise is invaluable and very much appreciated!!!!

Cheers Al

valdoyle

By the way rutech thanks a million for taking the time to explain to me. You have opened my eyes!! I'm new to this game so thanks and fair play to you!!