Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Repairs resulted in leak?

Thread: Repairs resulted in leak?

doctorpatg

Default Repairs resulted in leak?

Recently my 1995 Legacy wagon began making a very strange noise when I put it in reverse and began backing up. Nothing while driving. A separate problem also was occurring. When I made a hard turn in either direction, my car would shudder. First I was told that I needed a new rack and pinion steering system - mucho expensive. Didn't fix the problem. Next, they decided to try a new half block. Again, very expensive - didn't fix the problems, either one. Next they said it was my u joint, my center differential and my drive shaft. OK. Finally, no shudder, no funky noise. But - in all the years I have driven this car, it has NEVER leaked a drop of anything. The very night I bring my car home, after nearly 2 weeks in the shop, it begins leaking from the front end, slightly toward the driver's side from center. Could any of the work that was done have resulted in this problem?

I would say yes, most definately. Sounds like the place you took it to didn't have a clue what was wrong and just started throwing parts at it and got lucky with the last repair. Please say it was not a dealer you took it too??? Any way I hate to say it but you should probly take it back to them and have them figure out where the leak is coming from. Also what kind of fluid is it??

doctorpatg

Default Found the leak, I guess.

Well, yes, sorry to say, it was a dealer. I just took it back to them and now have another $400 (slightly over) for replacing a left front lower control arm bushing and a left rear cam o-ring. They insisted that it was just coincidental that it had never leaked a drop of anything until the night I brought it hone from having all that other stuff done.
    Last edited by doctorpatg; 04-27-2009 at 11:21 PM.

WOW, I could be wrong but it sounds like someone is trying to cover there ass on that one. Where you able to go look at the leak before you gave them the ok with the repairs??? The bushing is interesting, they didn't catch that the last time you were in huh?? That sucks. I could be wrong of course but sounds a little fishy to me. Please let me know if you have any more leaks after the last repair.

doctorpatg

Default The leak stopped.

No, I didn't check it out first. Should have perhaps. I agree - it sounded very fishy to me. They wouldn't have caught a leak last time, because, the best of my knowledge, it was 't leaking yet. I will let you know if the leak returns - right now it seems resolved. I'm disappointed that I now don't feel I can trust them 100%. My car is old, but it really has to last me. I've always taken good care of it.