Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

95 Legacy Power Problems?

Thread: 95 Legacy Power Problems?

delubs

Default 95 Legacy Power Problems?

Hi everyone.

New here to the subaru forum but a long time fan of subarus!

I own a 95 Subaru Legacy Sedan and one day I went to my car to drive to work and I turned the key and nothing happened. I grabbed my jump start kit and gave her a jump and she turned over just fine. After shuttin the hood and gettin back in the car to drive it away, I pressed the brake to get it out of park and it kills the cd player for a second and it seems to drain all the power. Wonderin if anyone had any insight on this that could help me solve this problem?

Sounds like a bad alternator or battery to me. I would rec. charging your batt and testing both your batt and alt. What is happening is you don't have enough power to run everything, so when you hit your brakes and your brake lights come on it takes power away from everything else. Hope this helps.

delubs

Default Fixed!

Well thanks for your quick reply!

I actually figured it out and feel completely stupid now
    Turns out the posts on the battery had some gunk on it.. Bought a battery post brush, gave 'em a good cleanin' and bang-o!

I never thought that they would get so corroded while the cables are attached.

Glad it was that simple.

lol ah yes, always start with the simple things lol. Glad it was an easy and inexpensive fix for you.