Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

HELP! My subaru wont start

Thread: HELP! My subaru wont start

pearson801

Default HELP! My subaru wont start

Hello everyone im new here and I have a 96 subaru impreza L Auto and when I went to fill up my gas tank when I turned the key my car would not start! The lights all come on on the dash but the car will not turn over! I do hear the fuel pump ingage and one single click but nothing else. Here is what I have done I changed my battery terminals and tested battery I needed a new one tested my starter and it needed a new selinoed replaced that still no dice. so I tested my ignition switch and it tested out ok I even attached a remote switch to my starter and I could get it to turn over that way. What else is there for me to do any ideas please im dying here and my head hurts over this is there an ignition relay or a starter relay and where in blue blazes is it. sorry to drop this as my first post but this is my only car and any help is great

If you can get the car to turn over/start by jumping at the starter, then the issue in before that in your START circuit. Yes, there should be an ignition relay in the fuse/relay box under the hood, left hand side IIRC.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

pearson801

See according to the fuse box its all ac relays under there I have not found one that says starter relay or ignition relay or anything of the sort

Hey did you replace your battery cable or just the terminal at the end of the cable. Check to see if you have power at the small wire for the starter when you turn the key and do a voltage drop test for the power wire for the starter. If all that checks out you need a new starter. Oh and the relay for the starter you asked about, the solonoid in the starter is that relay. Hope this helps.