Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
sti turbo spool up

Thread: sti turbo spool up

luskcustoms

Default sti turbo spool up

so i dont own an entire subaru, i wish i did dut i dont, but i hope someone can shine a little lite on my issue. i built a yamaha banshee with a 05 suzuki gsxr750 engine and then put a turbo from a subaru sti on it, 1t is at about 200hp at 8lb of boost. my problem is that i want the turbo to spool up faster. it doesnt spool until about 7000rpm and is fully spooled to the 8lb i have it set at around 10000 rpm and the motor redlines at 14000 rpm. can i change the compressor wheel to make it spool faster?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 073.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	34   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 072.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	35   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 079.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	158.7 KB 
ID:	36  

its not the compressor wheel you would have to change it is the turbine on the exhaust side and I don't think they are available, but not positive. The spool up problem you have is because your engine does not have enough air going through it to spool up the turbo. You would be better off with a smaller turbo designed for a smaller engine. That turbo, with enough air can produce well over 15lbs with enough air going through it. I hope this helps.