Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Garmin satnav power cable "hidden" install

Thread: Garmin satnav power cable "hidden" install

bennygsr

Default Garmin satnav power cable "hidden" install

Hi all,

I'm a newbie from Melbourne, Aus and am asking for help before I break something. I have a 2007 Legacy (liberty over here) wagon in standard guise - eg. NO satnav.

I am interested in putting a little portable Garmin unit in my car, and would like to run the 12v power cable up into the the little "glasses" console between the two central vents in the dash.

Does anyone know how to remove the little flip lid cover (without breaking it)? And is there an "easy" way to get behind the little console with a cable from the 12v auxilliary plug in the centre console between the two front seats? If anyone can direct me to a service manual or some sort of "dash" removaal instructions, that would be great.
    Thanks

bennygsr

Very sorry to take up your time, but I clearly didn't do enough searching. I was able to find a thread at another subaru forum entirely devoted to Sat nav installs.

If a link to another forum is not allowed, I won't be offended if its removed:
    http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost....67&postcount=8

Thanks