Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

AWD cars issue?

Thread: AWD cars issue?

Porscheenthusiast

Default AWD cars issue?

Have you ever tried to remove the front axles from an AWD car in order to make it drift better? is it a good idea on a Subaru Impreza

rotus8931

Default AWD cars issue?

I would not do that.I used to have an Audi TT and I know you could buy a different controller that would split more power to the rear wheels. Maybe someone makes something like that.

tery_x7961

Default AWD cars issue?

No it is not a good idea to remove the front axles on a Subaru Impreza. The front wheel hub/ bearings are held in place by the clamping force between the outer CV joint housing and the center lock nut ( the housing goes in behind the wheel, and the nut pulls it together). With the axles out, the clamping force is removed, and the bearing/ hub will separate rather quickly. Also, driving an an AWD car with the front shafts disconnected may cause damage to the transmission (center differential).