Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Anyone know abything about swapping Subaru engines?

Thread: Anyone know abything about swapping Subaru engines?

HaoleBoy

Default Anyone know abything about swapping Subaru engines?

Im helping a friend swap a WRX turbo engine into his 1999 Outback and I wanted to know what to do and what parts are guna be needed.

BadralK

outback wat a heck? slow as sh**you don't need tune up for that one. it is family car!!!!!!

I3mySuby4621

First thing is the wiring. It's a lot of work weather you splice needed wires into current harness or build a complete harness. So you need the engine, WRX ECU, and the wiring harness. If you didn't know this and thought ti was a straight across swap then I suggest contacting some shops or join RS25.com and ask the many people there who have done this. Good luck cuz when done that will be a pretty cool car.

wrx580

Your going to need a turbo x-member to clear the up-pipe. You're going to need a WRX engine with all the hoses, turbo piping, turbo, headers, wiring, coolant resovoir, etc included. Depending on what kind of tranny you have in the Outback, you're gonna probably need a WRX 5-speed so the engine doesn't destroy your current one. You're gonna also need someone that has the know-how to splice the WRX engine harness into the Outback wiring harness. Oh, and don't forget a WRX ECU. I wouldn't recommend doing this yourself until you know what you're doing. Go to the "Subaru Swaps" section of Nasioc.com for a ton more information, and please read A LOT before you decide to do this...you're looking at probably >$6,000 by the time you're done, so you don't want to just jump into it blindly. Good luck...