Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

AWD to FWD

Thread: AWD to FWD

Noobinator

Default AWD to FWD

Anyone convert the AWD to FWD with the fuse? I gain about 2 mpg, but was wondering just how safe it was on the drivetrain.

It shouldn't hurt the drivetrain any. All that fuse does is disrupt the circuit that controles your transfer clutches and disables the awd system. It will not do any damage.

Noobinator

I asked the same type of question but i was told ON MANY SUBARU FORUMS that if its converted to long or even a week it can cause parts to seize from roadspray

Noobinator

Hmm? Roadspray what is that I'm confused

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by get-a trek View Post
    Anyone convert the AWD to FWD with the fuse? I gain about 2 mpg, but was wondering just how safe it was on the drivetrain.
    I accept with information:It shouldn't hurt the drivetrain any. All that fuse does is disrupt the circuit that controles your transfer clutches and disables the awd system.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

Default Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Strut Mcphearson View Post
    Hmm? Roadspray what is that I'm confused
    I was even told by a dealer now that parts will seize together from rust and corrosion. I was also told that if the do seize together it can cause power train damage when you put it back to awd cause the two spider gears between the tranny and the driveshaft destroy each other because one gear has all the power of the engine trying to move a locked driveshaft
    oh yeah...Road Spray Is the sand and liquid that get kicked up by the wheels
    then gets in drivetrain components and rust

Noobinator

How'd it work out removing the fuse?

Noobinator

Ran it all last summer. Didn't bother to change it back to front wheel drive after last winter. Too late in the season now. May swap it over next summer (if I remember) ) Have not noticed any problems. Ran like a top in either mode.

Noobinator

Thats pretty sweet

Noobinator

so whats the verdict on this is a good idea or not