Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Lame new sound system in 09 Legacys

Thread: Lame new sound system in 09 Legacys

Delay

Default Lame new sound system in 09 Legacys

My wife and I have a 09 Legacy 2.5i Special Edition with the Harman/Kardon sound system. The car has the small woofer in the deck behind the rear seats along with the other six speakers and an amplifier under the seat. This system is lacking some serious balls with all the "effort" they put into it. Our 07 outback (which I understand is a slightly different sound system) has no woofer and no amplifier and sounds ten times better than the Legacy. Is there anyway to adjust the amp under the seat or is that all the love it can give? I love the car and wouldn't give it up for anything but I'm someone who enjoys a nice sound system and thought that's what I would be getting. Anyone?

bluebrat

if it is not factory u can adjust it let me know more bout your system and i can help little better than what i can tell you now

DanT123

Blubrat,

I'd also be interested in feedback. I've an '09 Turbo OB with the HK system in it. For all the noise they made about this stereo......the name HK promises more than what the stereo delivers. Yes, it's a great sounding stereo, but it lacks anything near the kind of punch one would expect from 400+ watts.

The level is even lower when using an Ipod or XM through the aux input.

Could one have an aftermarket amp installed to boost the strength?

Thanks, Dan

bluebrat

yea u can in stall a new amp the only thing u have to watch out for is not to over power the factory speakers and most 400wat systems don't put out much bass you can here it but not so much fell it