Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Tough question about Cobb Accessport V2 for STI.?

Thread: Tough question about Cobb Accessport V2 for STI.?

BenC

Default Tough question about Cobb Accessport V2 for STI.?

So, I've come across an AP for my '04 Subaru STI. Problem is...it is still married to another car that I have no access to. Short of sending it off to Cobb for the $400 reflash, does anyone know a cheaper solution to getting this thing unmarried so I can start using it on my car?Originally I was scammed but I was refunded all my money back and I still have the AP. Cobb said they would reflash for $40 if I had some sort of documentation that the original car was totalled or stolen but I had none of that.

I3mySuby2442

There is a way but it is a guy who figured it out himself and will not tell anyone how to do it. I read about it on NASIOC. If word got out they would be stolen everywhere. There is no other way. Were you scammed? You have to send it back to COBB but I thought it was cheaper than 400. anyway good luck.

tery_x1667

If you still have the AP, but cannot use it on your car, then sell / trade it for one that you can. Seems COBB wants you to jump through a lot of hoops before they will give you any recourse. Is it possible to press the seller for any documentation? You may wind up taking a loss on the AP you have in the long run, but it's less headache for you. Like the previous answer mentioned, check out www.nasioc.com, and ask around the forums there, especially the "Newbies and FAQs".. or the specific "2.5L Turbo Powertrain".. should find what you need there.

JaredW

you are pretty much boned, although in reality 400 isnt a terrible price for a v2 AP