Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Problem with 2007 Subaru Impreza

Thread: Problem with 2007 Subaru Impreza

merogul

Unhappy Problem with 2007 Subaru Impreza

Hello,
    Is there anyone having problems with their 2007 Subaru Impreza? I have a 2007 Subaru Impreza. It has 1.5 engine and auto transmission. In summer, it takes 3-8 seconds for engine the start and in winters, I am not lucky. I have written to some other forums, most people said that the coolant sensor or some other sensors might be faulty. I am tired of this car and writing about it. If it is okay, I will copy here the message I have written before.

Especially, in winter when I turn the ignition key (Of course, if I get up in the middle of the night at 01:00 am and start the engine and drive about 15-20 minutes in my neighborhood. If I do not do this, this car never starts in the cold winter mornings (below about 25 F)) , the engine starts immediately and dies in 3 seconds. The engine rpm sticks around 200-300 rpm (very close to zero) for about 3 seconds. In these three seconds, battery and oil at temp light flashes like crazy. When I try the second time, it takes 8-10 seconds for engine to start. (If it does not start at the third time, the spark plugs gets wet and oily, I have to get them replaced, and it costs me a lot) If the weather is really cold, I have no luck. I think that the engine takes a lot of gas but the engine cannot go to 2000rpm. For this reason, it chokes itself pretty good. I do not know what to do. A Subaru mechanic in my country (Turkey) suggested me to buy some engine heaters since my car behaves very nicely (!) at warm weather. However, I do not have a garage and I cannot run some electric cables from third floor to across the street. Any solution is greatly appreciated.
    Mehmet

jeng22

try installing a block heater on it, subaru dealers sell this kit for around $50 and it comes with everything including installation manual, you need a 14mm allen key to remove the plug from the block and maybe try switching to a lower weight engine oil such as 5w20 or some other people suggest using a zero weight, hope this helps..

merogul

Unhappy 2007 subaru impreza problem

Hi jeng22,
    I agree with you. This seems to be the best solution. However, other cars in my town are working just fine. I think there is something terribly wrong with my Subaru. Subaru mechanics in Turkey gets some computer measurements from my car and send them to Japan so that these Japanese engineers can write some new program to cover up the mistake in the engine. They should have replaced this junk with a new one long ago. But they lost their chance. I am going to sue them for torturing me for two winters.
    I live in an apartment. It is at the third floor and the Subaru is across the street. No way can I run some electric cables to this car. My friends are already having fun with my 0x0. I cannot take it anymore. I must return this car and have some peace.
    Thank you for your reply.
    Mehmet