Rebels Without Applause featuring Puma Perl

On October 21, 2010, you will find a special treat for the occasional dabbler of poetic exercises along with the poetry aficionado. The Rebels Without Applause poetry reading, being held along the Walk-out Coffeehouse at 8:00 pm, will probably be featuring the very talented poets Puma Perl (from Manhattan) and Dan Provost (from Massachusetts). A Puma knife within a sheath.

Lorraine: When was at the first try you have a poem published?

Puma: My first published poem was April 2007, in Expected outcomes, then edited by Jack Marlowe.

Lorraine: What is your chosen type of poetry?

Puma: I am big on form poems generally, even so passionately love pantoums.

Lorraine: In "knuckle tatoos" you mention getting bigger reading Madeline books and you simply mentioned reading a novel by Julia Cameron. ee cummings. Ferlinghetti. Chaucer. Also: Nikki Giovanni, Pedro Pietri, Sonia Sanchez, and massive Mike.

Lorraine: Create "knuckle tattoos" totally different from "Belinda and Her Friends"?

Puma: Belinda and Her Friends were a fulllength collection, it has been a chapbook, many linked poems that had been character driven. I was not a central character, I have been the narrator. knuckle tattoos might be more of your memoir, a nonlinear series in a linear structure.

Puma: I worked in http://ocpa.at/de/jordan.html CBO's cardio. The perfect class I ever absorbed college was "health, theater, and http://zitman.net/feetback/nb.html education," depending on intersection on the arts and medical and teaching modalities, which included human services of all kinds. I really believe in your transformative power of the arts. Concerning always aspired to teach poetry with the prison systems. People can free their minds while physically chained. I base loads of my philophisies within the teachings of Agosto Boal and エアジョーダン Freire. I'm always writing and have a very sense that I'm formulating a project modest know quite the achievements, through the larger sense.