Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Where does this piece go????

Thread: Where does this piece go????

raw213

Default Where does this piece go????

I am working on a 99 subaru lrgacy with a 2.2 automatic. Attached is a picture of a bracket that I am not sure where it goes. Could someone please let me know where the bracket goes on the engine. Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0102091606.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	31  

Looks identical to a "cover" that goes over the a/c compressor pulley on my Legacy. Without that, the belt would be exposed to contact. Is it structural (thick) or stamped (thin) like a protective cover?
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500

raw213

Yes, it looks structural and protective to me? The a/c has the cover on the top that comes across. How does it mount?

eppoh

Looks kinda like the AC compressor bracket on my 93 Loyale.

Obviously the rounded part "covers" something rotating. I'd suspect some part of the serpentine belt path. You just have to hold it up and follow along until all those bolt holes line up with something.
    Retired USN
    94 Subaru Legacy L (RIP); 09 Subaru Forester; 98 Ford Contour GL+; 97 Dodge Ram 1500