Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
08 WRX gets kicked around

Thread: 08 WRX gets kicked around

wrx5dr08

Angry 08 WRX gets kicked around

The '08 WRX has been seriously criticised.
    Granted, the '07 was much more visceral, and the '09 is significantly (conspicuously, IMHO) improved. And, let's face it, it's not a particularly elegant design. But, what's lost in a lot of the criticism is the fact that the car is, under any circumstances, still a REALLY good vehicle and a LOT of bang for the buck.
    It's often compared to the Mazda 3 and the Audi A3. The Audi is WAY more expensive. All three are very similar visually. The Suzuki/Kia comparisons don't make sense. If anything, the WRX now looks like a better-scaled Lexus RX. (Though that's not necessarily a plus.)
    Comparisons between the '08's handling and very pedestrian Camrys and Corollas make no sense. The WRX's performance, power delivery, sure-footedness and steering feedback put it in a completely different class --even if it's conspicuously soft in comparison to the '07 and '09.
    I'm not apologising for the '08. The power and torque boosts, together with the re-tuned suspension, make the ‘09 a better car, and the previous generation was huge fun and generally had more life. But the '08 is still an exceptionally good vehicle, particularly when compared to other cars in its price range.
    Last edited by wrx5dr08; 01-05-2009 at 04:47 PM.

bigred

Quote Originally Posted by wrx5dr08 View Post
    The '08 WRX has been seriously criticised.
    Granted, the '07 was much more visceral, and the '09 is significantly (conspicuously, IMHO) improved. And, let's face it, it's not a particularly elegant design. But, what's lost in a lot of the criticism is the fact that the car is, under any circumstances, still a REALLY good vehicle and a LOT of bang for the buck.
    It's often compared to the Mazda 3 and the Audi A3. The Audi is WAY more expensive. All three are very similar visually. The Suzuki/Kia comparisons don't make sense. If anything, the WRX now looks like a better-scaled Lexus RX. (Though that's not necessarily a plus.)
    Comparisons between the '08's handling and very pedestrian Camrys and Corollas make no sense. The WRX's performance, power delivery, sure-footedness and steering feedback put it in a completely different class --even if it's conspicuously soft in comparison to the '07 and '09.
    I'm not apologising for the '08. The power and torque boosts, together with the re-tuned suspension, make the 09 a better car, and the previous generation was huge fun and generally had more life. But the '08 is still an exceptionally good vehicle, particularly when compared to other cars in its price range.

i enjoy my 08 wrx ppp more then the bugeyed and i like its handling of road way more then the 09. the 08 is a true rally car not meant for the streets but more for snow, dirt, mud, sand, and everything else.