Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2002 Subaru WRX ..?

Thread: 2002 Subaru WRX ..?

thatmikeykid

Default 2002 Subaru WRX ..?

I've still having the fuel cut problem. it used to be only when i was almost out of gas.. but now it happens often.. the car is stock exept for an aluminum radiator.. it shouldnt be doing this.. so my car completly loses power when i try to accelerate really hard (sometimes shuts off in 1st and 2nd gears).. also my freakin clock just quit.. it started again for a minute. enough for me to set it and wait for it to change. and it died again.. the only fuses that i think would help are for the radio but they are both fine.. i love my car and dont want to get rid of it. im just wondering if the person that has it before me took off upgrades that it was tuned for..

TerrenceB

It definitely sounds like symptoms of a car that was modded and switched back to stock but is tuned for the mods. Did you get a mechanic to check it out before you bought it? It sounds like you need a diagnostic to find out what's really going on there.

NicholasN1539

check the fuel pump to make sure its working fine, check the connectors going to the fuel injectors. yea it does sound like it used to be modded...

wrx5801079

That would be the ECU cutting the fuel. I'm not sure exactly what would be causing it if it is stock. Like someone said, if you are not the first owner, it could have had previous mods, or mods that you aren't aware of. It needs to be diagnosed and tuned by someone that knows what they're doing. I had a 2002 WRX, and my clock went out too. It's not a fuse, it's just the clock. I had it replaced under warranty. You will probably have to pay. Or better yet, put some gauges in its place! Good luck...

MindzEyeWRX02

Check your fuel pump and make sure its working properly. You also might want to reset your ECU and see if it helps out.

As for your clock, that is a well known issue in the subie community. The problem lies with in the clock, there is a wire (i think the lead wire to the clock) that shakes loose after a while. Bad soldering job. there is a thread about it on nasioc, they also posted a wire diagram of the clock to show you what wire to re-solder.