Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

air/fuel sensor

Thread: air/fuel sensor

hansenbrh

Default air/fuel sensor

I have an 03 Subaru Forester with 39000 miles serviced Aug 2008. Scanned and found code P0030. Dealer installed new front A/F sensor. Is the A/F sensor the same as an O2 sensor which code P0030 addresses, and should this have been under factory/federal warranty?

rockfoot

My Code Scanner says that a P0030 is a "H02S.... 1/1 HEATER Ckt" Sounds like some kind of oxygen sensor.... Looking thru the codes in the scanner, I see that P3000 is the "Fuel Air Metering Auxiliary Emissions Control"...? Not sure about the warranty.. I have my own questions about that....
    Last edited by rockfoot; 04-01-2009 at 10:47 PM.

John81

Quote Originally Posted by hansenbrh View Post
    I have an 03 Subaru Forester with 39000 miles serviced Aug 2008. Scanned and found code P0030. Dealer installed new front A/F sensor. Is the A/F sensor the same as an O2 sensor which code P0030 addresses, and should this have been under factory/federal warranty?
    It seems to me, yes.

The A/F sensor is not the same as an O2 sensor, it works kinda the same but the A/F sensor is much more acurate than the O2 and I am thinking that the sensor is only covered under the 3 year 36K, your cat is covered by the federal 8 year/80k but not the sensors

hansenbrh

Cool O2

Thanks for the info guys, sounds like no warranty break for me.