Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

quick question

Thread: quick question

sittinsideways

Default quick question

whats up everyone i do not currently own a subaru and am looking into an 07 impreza nothing fancy just 5 speed in gray as much as i would love to think of purchasing a wrx the insurance and my debt would just kill me to much so i figured id just get my hands wet. so i have a simple question the car is bone stock. i have always admired the sound of a wrx and so i was curious if i were to purchase a cobb exhaust would i achieve that sound with out making it sound like a 25$ muffler from pep boys or is that sound made from the wrx specifaclly due to the down pipe and exhaust from the turbo? im not that informed on it so i would appreciate anything else you know about the subaru.

heres the site to the car if your interested in gandering at it

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car/...5-430678491d6e

thanks again

URABUSgrl13

you shouldnt when I first got my car the first thing I put on it was exhaust and I got that deep sound not the typical rice runner sound.

sittinsideways

so it doesnt have anything to do with the turbo or the down pipe. thats all i want is that nice deep sound out of the car at the moment. thanks though. what kind of exhaust did you get and was it a full system?

Noobinator

well whatever exhaust you get youll get the same sound no matter what. the boxer motor is the reason for that. i got a wrx catback exhaust for my impreza, its hard to find a catback for n/a imprezas, you can get a stromung exhaust from boxer4racing.com, or you can buy a wrx exhaust like i did but you have to custom weld one of the flanges, other than that its great, easy install, and sounds awesome. if you have any ?'s let me know

Noobinator

srs catback exhaust, got one on my 05 impreza 2.5rs, bolted right up and uses the stock exhaust hangers