Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
Subie newbie- first post

Thread: Subie newbie- first post

Noobinator

Default Subie newbie- first post

Hey all! I just found this forum while doing some research on Subarus. I have always been a VW guy and it seems that Subarus have the same type of cult following that VW has. I just sold my Jetta GLI today and I am looking to replace it with a Subaru but I don't really know them that well yet. but I like what i see so far. What are some things I need to look for when buying one? I am a courier for a pharmacy (I deliver perscription drugs to nursing homes) and this will be my work car. I drove an Impreza Wagon today and I liked it alot but it is too small for my needs. The car I am currently looking at is a 2002 Outback with 127k on it and they are asking $8000 for it. I should be able to take it for a drive tomarrow. Is this a car worth buying? Is there anything specific I need to look for with before making a purchase? What kind of longevity can I expect out of a well maintained car that gets a lot of stop and go driving thrown at it?
    Thanks

Noobinator

Welcome to the Forum!