Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Will u buy a Legacy in this condition?

Thread: Will u buy a Legacy in this condition?

Noobinator

Question Will u buy a Legacy in this condition?

I am very interested in a 2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i. It has about 80k km on it and sells for 13k Canadian dollars.

There seems to be significant amount of rust under the chassis. I don't think the condition is pleasant for a car this new.

Can you help me determine the condition of this car. The photos are attached.

Thanks a lot.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3097.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	572   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3068.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	573   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3109.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	574   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3088.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3105.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	576  

Noobinator

Default Minor rust

I did see some minor surface rust and door handle damage. The surface rust should be easy enough to remove with a soda blaster, but I'd get a price on corrosion protection coating since this car has been on salted roads. Be sure to check the tranny fluid too, if it smells burnt then the tranny is bad.

Noobinator

rust is annoying as hell... plain and simple... if you live anywhere other than Vancouver than you probably have lots of salt on the roads and therefore rust (if it wasn't cleaned almost daily in the winter)...

I have a much older Legacy and because it was only 1000 dollars I live with the rust... but I still can't wait until there is better weather so I can tackle that project to prevent further rusting... mechanics hate it too... one stupid bolt or nut can take 30 minutes to an hour to remove sometimes... that can make getting good service down the road difficult because the mechanic will cut corners to speed up the work...

don't buy the first car you see like I did... I've spent the last 6 months making small repairs that the last owner neglected over the past 2 years (otherwise it was maintained almost 100% per the manufacturer's recommendations until 2 years ago) goes to show that even a couple years of neglect can lead to a lot small problems which get annoying and expensive... I do everything myself but it means that it takes longer to get to it...

good luck!

Noobinator

that's a nice stuff it would help me a lot thanks for the post.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.