Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

oil consumption related to broke timing belt and new valves

Thread: oil consumption related to broke timing belt and new valves

Noobinator

Default oil consumption related to broke timing belt and new valves

2006 subaru impreza 2.5

In july my timing belt broke driving on the hwy going 75 mph and bent the valves. i had the yiming belt and all the valves replaced and ever since my car is going through about a quart a week. The mechanic told me that te oil consumption should have nothing to do with the valves and could be only one of two things, the pcv valve or the rings. I am suspicious of a shotty job considering he did the job for considerably less then everyone else i got a quote from and i am wandering that if any corners were cut in the valve job could cause oil to burn.

Noobinator

If he cut corners by not doing new guides or seals would that cause oil consumption?

Noobinator

Is it possible that when the timing belt broke and the piston impacted the valve that the valve damaged one of the rings?

Noobinator

just do a cylinder leak down test that will answer your question