Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

gasoline odor

Thread: gasoline odor

Noobinator

Default gasoline odor

Hello all! New to Subaru and this site. My wife rescued a 97 Outback from the salty streets and bashed bumpers of New York City. New fluids and filters and brakes and she was on her way with 128,000 miles. Now Roo has developed a gasoline odor while driving. The gas tank and cap are fine as are the lines. No odor while parked and running. Only while driving. I'm thinking it could be an evap issue and wanted to know if this was "a Subaru thing" or something I have to dig deeper for. Thanks.

Noobinator

check the hoses on motor that go to injectors . I had to tighten all mine as they started to seep and only saw where at idle . May not be it but fixed mine

Noobinator

No leaks. Changed the spark plugs and wires. No more odor. Must have been missing. The plugs were over .050 gap. Must have been its first plug change. Runs better (surprise). The mrs. doesn't track milage, but I'm sure its improved too.

Noobinator

great to hear