hey my name is mike. i have a 90 legacy wagon and i took it in for emissions test the other day and it failed due to high carbon monoxide. anyone got any idea what would cause this motor to be putting out almost 4% carbon monoxide? thats the only thing stopping it from passing the im test. thank you in advance for any help.
yeah the cel was on for a little whilebut i replaced the o2 sensor, and both coolant temp senders and havent seen it since. I did smell sulphur one day when i took the car on the highway though, and thats what tells me the cats are startin to go bad. Thanks for all the replies though, they helped me quite a bit because this is the first subaru ive ever owned