Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2000 subaru legacy gt wagon thumping noise in rear

Thread: 2000 subaru legacy gt wagon thumping noise in rear

Noobinator

Angry 2000 subaru legacy gt wagon thumping noise in rear

I recently purchased a 2000 Subaru GT wagon and there are lots of problems with it more then I bargained. I love the car but dam...I recently replaced the clutch and prior to that in the rear when I would let off the clutch too soon or sometimes normally it would make a THUMP in the rear. My mechanic will look into that also but it really needs to be fixed. It is scary driving it that way. I already replaced the sway bar in the front and a spindle assembly with ball joint and both drive shafts and a clutch. As well as both rack and pinion boots. It seems never ending and the car only has 152000 miles. It is an awsome car but I need to get it where I can trust it. Any light at the end of the tunnel? The car is kind of well taken car of but I think maybe they hit a bad pothole or curb or something. Then replaced the tires and didn't say anything lol. Before I take it to get it re aligned I need to know about that rear noise. Any common rear end thumping or CLONKING noise when letting off a clutch anyone? I would greatly appreciate it.

TSF Top Poster

sounds like something is loose, and when torque is applied there is movement. maybe get the car on a lift and opperate the clutch normaly while someone is under looking and listening.

TSF Top Poster

I was just curious as to what sway bar link did you use in the process. Is there any particular brand I should look into? Thanks for your response.