Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2000 outback trouble

Thread: 2000 outback trouble

Noobinator

Default 2000 outback trouble

The other day my 2000 outback would start then die on my girlfriend. I went out and tried myself only to find the car working fine.

Today, while driving, i made a Uturn and the car began struggling to run, made a weird groaning noise and died as i pulled off the road. I turned it off and started it back up only for it to run fine the rest of the day. Any thought on where I might start looking for this problem?

Also, theres been an occasional gasoline odor coming from the car after the back passenger side clipped a parking lot cement barrier the other week...

Steve

TSF Top Poster

Could be a cracked fuel line. you could look under the car around the gas tank and check for wetness.

Noobinator

Or a fuel pump malfunction ...