Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Performance Water Pump

Thread: Performance Water Pump

Noobinator

Default Performance Water Pump

Hey all,
    I'm new here and was hoping for a little advice. I have a 99 legacy outback 2.5 that spun a crank bearing. I had a local shop go through the engine and I am getting ready to re-assemble. The cylinders were bored to .50 over and I am concerned about higher running temps. Any suggestions on a high flow water pump as well as a better thermostat? Thank you for any help at all

TSF Top Poster

An OE water pump and thermostat will be fine, make sure to use a new radiator cap and new coolant. I race my car and I use the OE water pump and thermostat...no overheating.

OE is still good for what u are doing. u could run some royal purple or redline water wetter in your coolant and that will drop the temps just a little.