Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Should I sell? Whats a good year to buy?

Thread: Should I sell? Whats a good year to buy?

Noobinator

Default Should I sell? Whats a good year to buy?

Hi everyone. I have a 2000 Subaru Outback with 195,000 miles on it. I've replaced the HG once and the second one has a small leak. Not worried about that. We just found out that we have a bad catalytic converter and one of the issues with it is a gas leak. Mechanic says it will have to be fixed to pass the emissions tests. So, we're thinking - is it time to trade in? We've been hearing that Subarus are not as good these days and have a friend who bought a Forest in 2010 and says it doesn't handle the snow well (which I find hard to believe cause mine goes through 3 feet of snow like nothing.....

So, my question. Should I repair or trade in? If I trade in - what year is the best?

TSF Top Poster

I wouldn't trade in just due to a cat...They are expensive...but a new car will bring a monthly payment + full coverage insurance.

Noobinator

Default ended up buying

We ended up buying a 2009 outback with 13,000 miles on it. It was a good price. The steering felt fantastic again. We hadn't realized how bad the steering had gotten on the 2002.