Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

02 Legacy GT Skipping / Lurching in High Gear

Thread: 02 Legacy GT Skipping / Lurching in High Gear

Noobinator

Default PROBLEM RESOLVED: 02 Legacy GT Skipping / Lurching in High Gear

Started a couple weeks ago. 5-Spd MT. In 4th and 5th gear, the car sometines skips and lurches for a couple seconds after I upshift. Happens in lower gears too if I upshift too early (~1500 RPM or so). I'm thinking (hoping) it's just the AF sensor. Gas Mileage has dropped about 10% since this started (27.5 MPG down to about 25). Any ideas?

Help - and Thanks
    Last edited by Car_Owner; 11-13-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: The problem got fixed

TSF Top Poster

Do you have a check engine light?

Noobinator

Yes - Sorry, I forgot to add that. But I've had the CEL for about 3 years now (P0420 - Catalytic Converter).

What's different about the car's behavior now is the skipping when shifting into in higher gear and the reduced gas mileage - both happened at the same time.

Thank you.

TSF Top Poster

The P0420 directly affects you fuel injection system...You are going to need a new cat if you want these problems to be fixed.

Noobinator

Problem Resolved. I changed the spark plugs and ignition cables.