Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

06 XT paint issue-- question

Thread: 06 XT paint issue-- question

Noobinator

Default 06 XT paint issue-- question

Hi I have an 06 Outback XT. This site looks like a great resource for things I would like to do like lowering a bit (same as 2.5GT?) upgrade of the stereo (I have heard that in Japan the face is not integral with the heater controls so you can replace the stereo- would like to find out about that retrofit) and other stuff.

But for now, look at the attached picture. The paint on the hood is fading in places. I took it to the Dealer where I bought it new and he said that it was a clear coat issue and was probably something that had gotten on the car. He suggested a buff with a mild cutting compound. Now looking at it, this doesn't make sense to me- the clear coat seems fine. Before I start cutting I was wondering if there are similar experiences out there? And/ or suggestions?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-10-31_20-13-03_302.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	541  
    Last edited by syngen smythe; 11-01-2011 at 11:04 PM.

TSF Top Poster

do you live or work close to a airport, or under the flight path of planes?

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by 2007fuji View Post
    do you live or work close to a airport, or under the flight path of planes?
    No I do not. The car is kept in a garage in Suburbia.