Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

New Legacy Owner!

Thread: New Legacy Owner!

Noobinator

Default New Legacy Owner!

I just purchased a 1996 Legacy Brighton Wagon and I absolutely cannot believe it took me this long to buy a Subaru! I LOVE driving this car so much i have been going to the farthest stores just to drive more.

Anyways I have two questions for you guys -

1: What does the switch on top of the steering colum do? It has a P on it with lines. I realize that is probably a stupid question.. but.. I have no shame.

2: Are there any wheels off other Subaru's that will fit this model? The ONLY thing i dont like about the car is the steelies.

I think I got a pretty sweet deal on it too. It has 150k on it and had all this done 10k miles ago: new timing belt, new head gaskets, all oil seals in motor replaced, new water pump, new clutch and new CV joints on the front. I bought it from a foreign car mechanic who bought it from a lady who didnt want to pay for some repairs it needed. All it needed was an oil seal and a clutch but he went thorough it and then drove it for 10k before deciding he wanted a Jeep. So, i feel pretty good about it.

As soon as I hit 10 posts Ill post some pics.

Let me know what you think! OH.. I only paid $1800 for it

TSF Top Poster

1. "P" turns on the parking lights when the ignition is "off"

2. Any of the subaru 5 lug wheels will fit

I think you got an awesome deal....just keep an eye out for oil and coolant leaks...and listen for strange noises.

Noobinator

Thanks fuji! I wa shoping all Subaru 5 lugs would have the same bolt pattern.

I do have another question though! Are there any bolt on mods that would give a few more inches of ground clearance? I was curious if I could take the suspension of of an outback and bolt it up.

TSF Top Poster

I'm not sure about the outback suspension, if it will give you more clearance or not. you might want to check rally sites for offroad springs and struts.