Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

i am lookin at a 2001 Forester any advise

Thread: i am lookin at a 2001 Forester any advise

Noobinator

Default i am lookin at a 2001 Forester any advise

I am looking at a 2001 Forester S it has 135k miles and the asking is 5900. It has some sings and scratches and rust under the fuel lid. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

TSF Top Poster

did you drive it?

did you check under the hood at all?

Noobinator

Checked under the hood. Can't see any wear and tear on the belts. Driving it today or tomorrow. I just don't know anything about foresters. What to expect what is likely to happen and how to fix that rust.

Suby Talker

Its kind of high priced. I bought a similar one about 1 yr ago in the philadelphia area for $4400 with 144K miles. It needed a tuneup and front brakes. It runs great @ 155K miles
    DBW

Noobinator

Excellent to here. I like subaru I just don't know much about them especially what to expected with the high miles.

TSF Top Poster

you should look at more than just the belts...look for engine oil and coolant leaks, check the brake master cylinder for leaks, ask when the t-belt was changed and if the valve clearances have been measured. look at the brake pads and tire tread condition.

listen for roaring noises when you drive it, and pay attention to if it pulls to either side.