I just found this forum and was hoping you guys here would be able to help me with my car. I have a 99 Impreza L, it is the Sport Wagon (as I have heard it once referred to) body style that I purchased over a year ago.
I now finally have the money to do what I want with it, the problem is that I am not able to locate the upper spoiler that I like. Currently I don't have one and with it currently being painted black it doesn't look so bad, but once I have it repainted it will look weird with that upper portion of the window being black and the rest of the car being another color. I have found the solution to be a small upper spoiler that just adds kind of a little hump (about an inch or two) there. I have seen at least one sport wagon, of the generation that I have, with this spoiler driving around in town (Spokane, WA area).
I have seen the huge ones that extend way out there on the top, but that is not the look I am going for. I am planning on ordering a lower spoiler for it, the one I have picked out looks pretty much just like the OEM one that came with some of the option packages.
I am also looking to install the Subaru Legacy front bumper, due to the fact I prefer the look of it over the standard Impreza front bumper. Has anyone here made that switch and how much of a pain in the butt is it since the turn signal lights take the place of the driving lights? I am tempted on buying the Legacy with bumper I want and just swapping the bumpers and what ever other electronics that is needed to get it to work, or am I going about it the wrong way?