Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

91 legacy L awd transmission problem ...

Thread: 91 legacy L awd transmission problem ...

Noobinator

Question 91 legacy L awd transmission problem ...

Ok, I just got a 91 legacy L awd wagon ... its my first subaru. I like the car, much more than I thought I would.

So I have had it about 2 weeks and it has become my daily driver. It has 200, 7XX miles and is an automatic.

Last night, I was making a u-turn on a tight street, when backing up, the engine reved, and there was a loud clunk. I put it into drive and it acts like its only front wheel drive (wheel spin) and it also acts like there is little to no transmission fluid ... more specifically, it does not want to shift, high revs etc.

This afternoon I took it to jiffy lube and had all the fluids topped off, oil change etc ... they said trans fluid was full, diff oil full etc. the problem still is present.

So, I tried to search for an answer, but no one has described this problem (that I have found) most common was binding ... since I dont have any prior subaru experience, I am not sure if I had binding prior to this problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this and how to fix it? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Noobinator

i have a 92 legacy do u happen to have the power light that comes on when u start ur legacy, if it flashes there might actually be something wrong with you trans, goto google and search for power light flashes the page is by surrealmirage very good info.

im also having trans issues just got my car back after it was stolen, now the trans doesnt hold fluid gonna check it out after work tomorrow we think whoever had stolen it had hotrodded it around and messed something up or hit something and didnt care cause it was stolen anyway.

Noobinator

good job.happy everyday please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.