Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
ej18 to ej25 swap help

Thread: ej18 to ej25 swap help

Noobinator

Default ej18 to ej25 swap help

Ok so I have a 93 impreza that spun a bearing and went and purchased a 96 legacy 2.5 dohc engine for the swap...with the ej18 harness and computer the car started fine but idle was at 2500 so I put the 1.8 throttle body back on and idle jumped to 3000 so went and purchased a complete harness.and computer and there's a lot of plugs that don't clip to anything in the car...my cars been down a month and looking for any and all help possible cause I need to have my car running so I can have it back to go to work...thanks

TSF Top Poster

Put the 2.5 throttle body back on, clear the ecm memory, then start the car. let the car idle for a while and see if the idle speed goes down after about 5 minutes. If not, maybe the ej18 computer is not compatible with the ej25 engine, due to voltage signal differences.

did you get a new harness and computer for the engine, or the car?