Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

HELP!!!!!!! No flashers or turns......

Thread: HELP!!!!!!! No flashers or turns......

Noobinator

Default HELP!!!!!!! No flashers or turns......

my Dad has a 2000 forester and just lost his turn signals..... push the hazzard button and nothing also. I check all fuses and even put all new ones in just to try. Still nothing..... Help please

Noobinator

Any one...... A little nervous with him driving the car like that. Was tryin to save him a bit of money and not have to send it to the dealership

TSF Top Poster

check the hazard switch, if it comes unplugged or inop, your situation will occur. The turn signals power comes through the hazard switch...let me know what you find.

Noobinator

Just put a new switch in and didn't fix it. I can hear what seems to be a relay click under the dash.... Its a.black box..... Could it be that?

TSF Top Poster

when are you hearing this click under the dash? when you push the hazard button, or use the turn signal switch...or both?

do the marker lights work when the headlights are turned on?

Noobinator

The click happens when i push the hazard button and when i use the signal lever. The marker lights come on when the car is started. All lights are good......

TSF Top Poster

Sounds like your were on the right track with the relay, since all the bulbs opperate.

Remove the relay that you hear clicking and replace it with one just like it[a relay of the same kind in your fuse panel that opperates something else...something you know that works].

TSF Top Poster

Quote Originally Posted by royer subaru View Post
    my Dad has a 2000 forester and just lost his turn signals..... push the hazzard button and nothing also. I check all fuses and even put all new ones in just to try. Still nothing..... Help please
    Based on my experience, I think something is wrong with the turn signal switch, maybe you would consider having that checked as well.

Suby Talker

Sounds like the flasher relay is bad; it ISN'T the same as any other relay. It has to be an actual flasher relay.