Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
changing coolant 2003 Forrester

Thread: changing coolant 2003 Forrester

Noobinator

Default changing coolant 2003 Forrester

Dismayed to find that it looks like I need to take off that whole plastic underbody protector to access the drain plug. Is this true? If so does anyone have any tricks for taking those holders off? Seems like every time I try to do that they break. Also does anyone happen to know what kind of tool I need to take the plug off?

I see that there are two drain plugs for the engine block as well. Looks like I need to find a large allen wrench for it.

Any other input for changing the coolant? My car is in the 80's now and haven't done it yet although the coolant looks fine. Thank you!

TSF Top Poster

you do want to remove the plastic under cover to change the coolant, or there will be a huge mess.

the coolant drain will be on the bottom of the radiator. you could wait untill 100K miles and change the coolant, hoses, and thermostat together...