Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

can i get a twin turbo kit for 2003 impreza 2.5 rs?

Thread: can i get a twin turbo kit for 2003 impreza 2.5 rs?

k2_800

Default can i get a twin turbo kit for 2003 impreza 2.5 rs?

this is not the wrx model

carloverrye

Have not heard of a twin turbo kit meaning two turbos for this model. I have seen single turbo kits like from HKS. Most 2.5 owners are now finding wrecked Sti's and doing a full Sti swap, the 2.5l motor with turbo and 6 speed tranny. I think this is what i would do if i were you.

NicholasN5141

i haven't heard of such a kit. one turbo is good enough for a 2.5L sube motor.your best best honestly is to sell your car and get a WRX or STI, or as others have said, swap in a turbo drivetrain. after market kits are not as reliable as a factory turbo motor, because all of the tricks that the aftermarket uses to try and control the air and fuel are not as good as the stock ECU from a WRX or STI

chriskwan86

there aren't any aftermarket kits for a twin turbo setup, do you mean twin scroll turbo? because twin turboing a 4 cylinder is relatively pointless, and begs the question, why? it can be done but you need deep pockets, a fair bit of knowledge on fabrication, and lots and lots of asprin. A single turbo kit for a 2.5 is fairly pricey already, and it's never as simple bolt on you're good to go. Driveline won't handle the power much like newer WRX known for their "glass" transmissions, after that, get ready to swap in a different rear end setup as well.

craig

what you would have to do is find a twin turbo subaru motor and all the misc things needed and really just play it by ear making it fit but i think you would be better with a good turbo and good tune than with 2 turbos

jbpopem

No, the twin turbo ej20 was only available in the JDM right hand drive market. You could get the parts but they will never fit into a left hand drive american spec car. Here's the good news, you can get more power out of a single turbo setup due to today's efficient compressor designs. A new full turbo kit will cost about 5 grand. If you're cheap theres nothing wrong with getting a wrx crossmember and turbo parts and putting them on your car. Don't forget the injectors as boost needs fuel.

Masterteeko

twin turbos are for engines that have 2 sides like a v8 one turbo for each tip of the v. look for a single turbo and you should be fineHave fun!