Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

All the money in the world can't buy me happiness.?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All the money in the world can't buy me happiness.?

Randy

Default All the money in the world can't buy me happiness.?

Even with my great career, i'm not completely happy.Even with my Bachelor's degree, I am not completely happy.Even with my brand new 2008 Subaru Legacy, I am not completely happy.Even with my new custom gaming rig, I am not completely happy.Even with a great loving family, I am not completely happy.Even after buying anything I want or desire, even the latest generation iPod, I am not completely happy.Even after hanging out with my best friends, I am not completely happy.Why am I not happy? Something is missing in my life.. what is it?

bretsinclair

Golf clubs?

Unknown

Donate money to charity maybe the thanks the give to you may make you happy

saarahthebee

Soccer! Take up a sport and start playing on a team. You sound like you need some exercise.

Civbert

Faith in Jesus Christ.

DaneG

The love of God.

Ripper

You need to be happy with yourself. All these goals and things are good, but sometimes you need to slow down. Ask yourself what do you like, what gives you peace. What could you do for all day and be content.

Songbyrd11

Someone who will have sex with you, and not take some of that money.

Jo

You seem to be missing religion!To be honest, if I had no religion then I would probably do something stupid out of boredom or unhappiness...in other words get youself down to eithera churcha mosquea templea synagogue or to some wood to celebrate nature.you also have nothing to aim for now as well!

00silky

Have you tried God yet......? All those things you just mentioned are temporary, maybe it's time for you to put your liife into something that's greater than you and live for someone else. Just give your problems to God....he'll make it better.

zarathustra41

subaru legacy? i think you answered your own question. lol. jk (sort of)you need a special lady friend...

Ihaveasongasongtosing

Faith in God and knowing Jesus.You also have to LOVE YOURSELF!

Sammy

you need somthing that money cant by. somthing you have to fight for and when you get it youll be happy.

rlgtmg

I don't know what to tell you. It sounds to me like you have a great life. Show some gratitude and give back to others.

JamesK

dude..dude..dude...what makes you think buying things makes you happy.. i have a neighbor,in one summer he purchased a race car, a motorcycle,jet skis,and a camper..all it did was give him 3 things to sell the following summer..how many people do you know who get a 5000 dollar tv, it doesnt matter, after 5 months you are bored of it...i have a guitar fetish,i bought my third one after my wife left me.i spent 3000 on it, thinking it would make me feel better.guess what, it didnt.i still play it, but there is just something about it..

amybee08

You dont have the presence of God in your life...And do you know that giving,sharing your blessings to people who are in need makes you a happy a person.???Its not how big or little,but the thought that really counts....And i wouldlike to tell you this simple thought....The Greatest Wealth is to live Content by little.....So you can share you blessings to charity may be....Hope you will.Bec. all what you have right now are temporary.When you die you cannot bring that to you...God Bless!!!!

lenon

It sounds that you are not satisified with your life now, maybe you should change your role in the world, not a bachelor, not a rich man or etc, you should keep hope for the life...........

keepitlow

Happiness is an illusive state of being in life because; "it is usually dependent upon our outer circumstances of our life being in accord with the fulfillment of our desires" as written by a famous Buddhist practitioner who failed to heed his own writings and was found dead from drugs. It all boils down to a famous 12 step saying; If you talk the talk, you have to walk the walk to benefit from it.

Buddhists say that most things we perceive as happiness comes under the real category of pain diminishes and is not true happiness at all since these areas such as food, spending, sex, etc., be can readily turned into pain if we go too far with them or when the inevitable change comes about with impermanence. They say that the spiritual way is the only never ending way to enjoy unlimited happiness.

There are 3 components for a happy life: Contentment, love or compassion and gratitude. When we realize that happiness and contentment are there for the taking and that they are independent from our circumstances it sometimes can sink in that there is nothing stopping us from being content and happy Right Now!

Another formula lists the happiness equation as follows...

To be happy one needs:

Something to do.

Something to look forward to

Someone to love

Someone to love them

I'll leave you with a timely quote from Brother David Steindl-Rast a Christian - Buddhist practitioner from his book "Gratefulness, the Heart of Prayer"

"Ordinary happiness depends on happenstance. Joy is that extraordinary happiness that is independent of what happens to us. Good luck can make us happy, but it cannot give us lasting joy. The root of joy is gratefulness. We tend to misunderstand the link between joy and gratefulness. We notice that joyful people are grateful and suppose that they are grateful for their joy. But the reverse is true: their joy springs from gratefulness. If one has all the good luck in the world, but takes it for granted, it will not give one joy. Yet even bad luck will give joy to those who manage to be grateful for it. We hold the key to lasting happiness in our own hands. For it is not joy that makes us grateful; it is gratitude that makes us joyful."

Noobinator

A man should surrender the personal selfishness which binds him to this world.Giving up the false self is the true renuciation.Just try to lead normal life.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Noobinator

That's very truly said,that money can't provides all the happiness in the world.Money is not the way of happiness.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.