Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2006 replace spark plug wire #1 chewed by desert rodent

Thread: 2006 replace spark plug wire #1 chewed by desert rodent

Noobinator

Question 2006 replace spark plug wire #1 chewed by desert rodent

HI,
    I live in the Mojave desert in So. cal and the rodents like to eat wires under your hood. I have been here 3 years without incident, but a few weeks back found my #1 wire chewed -- still working but I've ordered an OEM replacement and now want some advice on how tricky this might be.

I can see where the wire attaches at both ends, but I'm not sure with the very little room at the plug end if I can get it out and reinserted properly without removing other parts. which I'm not eager to do, but with precise instructions to follow could feel comfortable.

It is a 2006 non turbo legacy wagon if that helps.

thanks for any guidance.
    stephanie in Joshua Tree

Suby Talker

>It is a 2006 non turbo legacy wagon if that helps.

4 or 6 cylinders?
    Well, You have to remove the interfering parts and have a enough room for your hand other
    wise let mechanic do.
    When replace the spark plug wires, remove one P/wire at a time ! ! bigisland

TSF Top Poster

I think you have to be in touch with a DIY mechanic and have him install authentic subaru parts such as spark plug wires. Hope this aids you.