Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19
engine noise

Thread: engine noise

Noobinator

Default engine noise

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't find it. I bought a 2002 impreza rs about 5 months ago, ever since I bought it, the engine has made a sort of rapping/knocking/ticking noise. It doesn't go away after driving it, really noticable when you start the car, kind of fades when driving but you can still hear it at an idle. I've taken it back to the dealership with no answer, they say its normal. Anyone familiar with what I'm talking about?

I've definitely heard of it. My 01 rattles at idol and we asked the guy at Sullivan Tire who looked it over before we bought it, he said it was the heat shield on the exhaust. Might be a different problem for you though. Good luck.