Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304,P0325 trouble codes on 98 Legacy Outback

Thread: P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304,P0325 trouble codes on 98 Legacy Outback

Noobinator

Question P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304,P0325 trouble codes on 98 Legacy Outback

I have just checked the computer on my 98 Outback and I have received P0301,P0302,P0303,P0304,P0325 trouble codes which indicate that my engine is miss firing on every cylinder and the knock sensor circuit is malfunctioning. When driving my car it will putter then accelerate really swiftly, then at times it will bog down and I can not accelerate hardly even though the rpms will continue to almost redline before shifting. It is an automatic just for reference sake. I have no idea where to even begin to start with this reading. I did research on the Knock Sensor and numerous times it said that it will usually malfunction because something else is wrong. Any information is helpful at this point.
    I appreciate any reply.
    Sincerely

Dustin

wow thats not gonna be easy to diag over the web. just a guess but i would try and replace the knock sensor first. im thinking the computer is seeingengine damage and retarding timing to protect the engine. does the engine make any scary noises? like pinging? if so your not using the correct octane fuel. sometimes egr valves can give u these symptoms too. hopefully the car is in good tune, if not i would also replace the plugs and wires. infact if you remove the plugs you will get a better idea of whats going oninside the motor. also you could google you issues, and you dont have to be suby specific, most cars now a days are the same so just put in your codes and symptoms and someting should pop up

Noobinator

Coming from a Subaru mechanic, replace the knock sensor, you have to start there to make sure that, that isn't the issue.