Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

What kind of gas is ok for WRX??

Thread: What kind of gas is ok for WRX??

Noobinator

Default What kind of gas is ok for WRX??

First off i am new to this forum, and new to Subaru. i just bought a 2003 Subaru Wrx and the previous owner only ran 91 octane, i was wondering if that's the only octane i should use and also if there are any benefits for using 91 octane, Thanks a million!

should be run with premium, at least i know the newer ones do, boosted high horspower engines need higher octane to resist engine knock due to the high compression turbo chargers creat. otherwise primium is a waste of money and you would be crazy to use it on any normal non high performance car.

You need to use premium for most vehicles with a turbo, otherwise you sacrifice power and can damage the engine.

Noobinator

In short, in Australia, the 2.5L (WRX's) are sold as requiring 95 while the 2.0L require 98. Not sure how this relates to other Countries though.

I got an 01 rs should I be using premium or can I use lowest? I do a lot of city driving if that will help ...