Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Please help surging and loss of power under load:-(

Thread: Please help surging and loss of power under load:-(

Noobinator

Default Please help surging and loss of power under load:-(

Hi got a forester s turbo 2001 74k it's ran faultless for the past 10,000 k. Now over the last few months I'm getting a loss of power and what feels like a misfire under load . The car accelerates normal upto around 2800 rpm but if you step on the gas heavily at this point it feels like some one is turning the fuel on and off and surgers back and forth and loses power as a result of this. Any help would be great. I've changed the plugs leads coilpack and O2 sensor to no affect :-(

Suby Talker

Check Engine Light? Try easy fixes such as fuel filter, it also may me a sticking EGR.
    DBW

Noobinator

Thanx for the help mate, it turned out to be the airflow meter.
    All is running well now :-D