Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Where is the TCM located in a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT?

Thread: Where is the TCM located in a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT?

Noobinator

Default Where is the TCM located in a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT?

Where is the TCM located in a 1998 Subaru Legacy GT? Or does it not have one?

Also, I installed a new transmission into my car but when I put it into drive and press gas it won't go...why is that? Is it the TCM?

(my car can go into gear...just that it won't go when you press gas)

Suby Talker

Does the motor rev up? if yes, then check torque converter. If no, the throttle cable maybe. You may need to fill the converter with trans fluid. (not hard to do). Check you trans fluid level.
    DBW

Noobinator

Quote Originally Posted by dbwhiteman1 View Post
    Does the motor rev up? if yes, then check torque converter. If no, the throttle cable maybe. You may need to fill the converter with trans fluid. (not hard to do). Check you trans fluid level.
    Yes it revs when you step on gas when its in gear but it just doesn't go. So you're saying it could be the torque converter then because I think my dad didn't fill it with trans fluid.

Do you know if there is anyway to put fluid in there instead of literally taking out the tranny again?
    Also how much are you suppose to put in there or is that determined by the fluid level?