Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Air flow meter fault

Thread: Air flow meter fault

Noobinator

Default Air flow meter fault

I have a 1996 wrx non sti. have installed a front mount intercooler kit and had to take out my factory air intake kit to do so. i have put a pod filter on my air flow meter and the car has run fine for a few months but now when i am driving and stop at the lights or intersection the car idles really low and feels like its going to cut out, what can i do about this? if anyone has any answers i would like to hear them thanks

Suby Talker

Default Air flow meter fault

Hi, do you have an convenience scanner or diagnosis tool or ---. Any way, It's better to use them regardless of check engine light on or not when you had problem(s). But you still want to do something in the intake system, you can clean the MAF by the air flow sensor cleaning stuff that you can buy from local parts shop. Also, you can do to throttle body (inside of housing and may need to remove t/body housing from intake manifold) with a tooth brush. Please pay attention to safety when use the aerosol.
    This MAF is so sensitive to incoming air and good air filter should be in place.

Noobinator

cheers for the info