Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

2011 sti boosting problem

Thread: 2011 sti boosting problem

Noobinator

Default 2011 sti boosting problem

does anybody have an idea of how to fix this problem? when i floor it and the boost goes it starts lag and boost at the top rpms then i shift. this is from 2nd gear to 3rd gear.

not sure what your trying to say but if you say you have no boost till high rpm i would think intake or exhaust leak or a weak turbo vgt system. helpme to help you and post something that makes sence bro

Noobinator

ok what im trying say is that when it starts boosting it jerks in the middle from 2nd to 3rd and to 4th

while running through the rev range at around 4-5 grand there is a boost spike? have you moded the car at all? if so try putting the stock stuff back on and see what happens, might just need a tune

Noobinator

car is completely stock. have any other ideas?

i might if you would just explain the problem a little more thourough

TSF Contributor

Sounds like a boost leak. Could also be a faulty bpv. As long as the car is unmolested take it back to Subaru. Put them through the trouble. Warranty work is great.

Noobinator

ive fixed a couple of mates cars with this issue one on a TT legacy (turned out to be dirty AFM) and on my own car (which is modified) it was MAP sensor. hope this helps but as they say warranty is great

Noobinator

ya i took it to the dealership and they said that it was normal.

talked to another guy and said that its from the EWG that the 2011 comes with.