Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

Warning: Function ereg() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 19

1998 forrester

Thread: 1998 forrester

Noobinator

Default 1998 forrester

I am having problems with my forester! Whenever I try to shift into first it is very hard and barely goes into gear. Most of the time I have to start the car in first. I am also having problems with reverse and when I try to shift into reverse it just grinds and makes a horrible noise. My brother who is familiar with subarus and I worked on it after we had some mechanics look at it and one said probably the transmission and the other said maybe the clutch fork or the throwout bearing. What we ended up trying was the slave cylinder the master cylinder the throwout bearing and the clutch fork. We switched them all out for brand new stuff. In the end the car did go into first way easier and reverse no problem. But then we went for a drive and first became way harder and reverse was almost the same as before. So we are pretty much right where we started. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

dude all you can do at this point is replace the clutch itself if everytin else is new. then id work on the trannie. buddies civic was like this and a new clutch fixed it, so good luck

Noobinator

well we are gonna replace the transmission but do you think we should replace the clutch too?

TSF Top Poster

I appreciate you posting about the clutch master cylinder, I think I am learning a lot of stuff here. Thanks!